Me & Mine: February

As I took a look back at my photos from 2013 my heart broke a little.  Not because I didn't love the photos I had because we didn't make great memories, because I do and we did.  I was sad because I only had about 3 photos of me with my children in them.  I started to think about when I'm old and my kids have their own kids, they would have all these wonderful photos of themselves growing up to show my future grandchildren, but it would be as if I almost didn't exist.  When in fact, I know I am a huge part of their lives.  So myself and a few other photographers decided we were going to change all that.  We're calling it "Me & Mine" and the point is to simply get in a photo once a month with your children.  You can do it however you want, take a selfie, have a spouse, friend, older sibling take the photo.  Anything.  The point is to simply capture a fleeting moment, on camera, with one or all of our children.  So, here we go.  Here's the first month.

And do yourself a favor...get in a photo with your children.  They'll thank you when they're 30.
Now, do yourself a favor and go check out the lovely Katarzyna Krauze and her photos for the month.

P.S. If you'd like to join our project, send me a message at gphotoco (at) gmail (dot) com.

1 comment:

  1. I love these images. So real. And I agree, I am so happy we are doing this as well. I get a little sad thinking I am not in any photos with my own kids.

    ReplyDelete