My baby ain't a baby anymore...

In the last couple of days, it really has hit me.  And I mean hit me like a ton of bricks.  My baby is not a baby anymore.  She is a full fledged toddler, who can do things for herself, make her own decisions, communicate with me, play make believe, the list goes on.  But one of the most amazing things about her is just how compassionate and affectionate this little two year old is.  She has a heart of gold and is so incredibly sensitive.  When I look at her my heart just melts.

Keira - baby girl - I love you.  And I have loved you from the moment I knew you were growing inside me.  I can't believe that two people can make such an incredible being.  I held you in my arms, smelled your sweet breath, hugged and kissed you, right along with your dad.  Then your big sister held you.  Which was such an incredible moment, I am forever grateful to have the both of you.  You have forever changed me, and inspire me to be the best mama I can be.

Now your dad is such an incredible man.  He doesn't exactly love hospitals, so the fact that he was able to focus on capturing the day you were born is more than amazing to me.  I will always have this, to hold in my heart, and remember the day you were born.  I watch this video from time to time.  It brings me to tears every time I watch it.  That day rests so vivid in my mind.  Your dad was able to capture the beginning of your beautiful life.  I am in awe - every single day.



Keira's BIRTH Day! from Gray Fam on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment